Church Update July 23rd
I just wanted to send a brief update to let you know what is happening in the life of the church. * We continue to worship together in many ways. A small number join in-person on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings. More watch the FB Live stream either live or at a later time. And a few receive paper copies of the service which they read at their leisure, though I try to have it to them in Saturday's mail so they can still do the Sunday morning ritual if that is important to them. I am happy to make paper copies available to anyone who would like. Some have told me they like to read it over later.
* If you watch online, I would appreciate if you would leave a comment or give a Like. One, that helps boost the page, but it also lets me know who is connecting this way and more importantly, who is not. That way I can reach out to those who may not be finding a meaningful way to worship with us and explore other options.
* I want to thank everyone who is able to continue giving to the church. As I have said on a couple of occasions we are weathering this crisis better than some churches. We are working to keep expenses down but mostly it is the generosity of our church family that is keeping us going. Many of you will be receiving a letter in the mail with an update and an invitation to support the ministry of the church. If you do not receive one and would like a copy let me know and I can send it to you.
* If you haven't seen the Community Garden lately you really should drive by. The sunflowers are beautiful, the tomatoes, peppers and squash or flourishing, and check out the long beans. They are best between 12-18 inches long and can be prepared in a number of ways. And they do taste mostly like green beans.
* I have been reaching out to folks by phone, just checking in. If I haven't reached you for awhile or if you need anything or just want to talk, please give me a call. My cell is 419-706-0348 and I always enjoy hearing from each of you.
* Finally, keep in prayer Kate Shelley and Lorrie Watkins and their families, as well as our shut-ins Dot Smith and Nora Smith. Harriett is moving out of Orchard Grove and back in with Kevin and Laurie. Also, I just found out this week Helen Payne will likely be moving to the Willows of Bellevue soon. Once I have an address I will pass it along. I hope you are all well and staying safe. May God bless you and keep throughout this difficult time. Peace, Pastor Wayne